Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V12 Coupe
Registration: 1973 (Currently on Guernsey documents)
Colour: Silver with Black leather
Deposit taken…..and SOLD
1973 -Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V12 Coupe – 44,600 miles.
A lovely example of the Series 3 Coupe. It has been maintained very well and no short cuts taken in his ownership.
The car details are as follows:
1973 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V12 Coupe – Automatic.
Silver with black leather interior.
The car has a Heritage Certificate showing that the car is it left the factory in spec and colour scheme. Copies can be sent to interested parties.
The car was acquired by the last owner in July 2019 when he moved to Guernsey. He’s a regular client of ours and has a fairly substantial car collection. The car is lovely as can be seen from the photos. However, the car is not a key part of the collection, and he’s decided to sell this along with a couple of other vehicles.
During his short ownership, the car has been taken to Fusion Engineering in Guernsey, and they were the last people to do any significant work to the car. (Detailed below).
Sherwood Restorations sold the car to the owner previous to our client, back in June 2011, and the car was exported to Guernsey officially Feb 2012. The car had covered 41,777 miles when Sherwood sold Mr Tonkinson the car.
Service History Information.
We are pleased to say that the car comes with a large detailed history file. This covers both annual service records, that go back to 1987 and MOT’s that go back to 1986. There are also detailed records of any additional work/improvements that has been carried out on the car, over and above servicing.
Nearly all of this work has been carried out by Jaguar Specialists with both digital and handwritten records from companies such as AJ Turner in Surrey and SC Jaguar in Crawley amongst others over the years.
As you’d imagine, it would be rather difficult to detail ever page within the file here, so below is some of the recent work, and details of an engine refresh.
- November/December 2019 – Fusion Engineering – Guernsey. – 44,553 miles
- Rear subframe mounts/New rear shocks x4/New rear discs and pads/Full service, inc Dissy cap, plugs and various other jobs. £4950.00
Harrison Automotive – Guernsey
- August 2017 – 44,308 miles – Various work and adjustments to suspension – £605.
- June 2016 – 44,150 miles – New door mirror – £177.
- May 2016 – 44,080 miles – Gearbox service and brake fluid etc – £523.
- May 2016 – 44,080 miles – Front shock absorbers/bushes/exhaust work and various small jobs. – £1290.
Sherwood Restorations Ltd
- April 2015 – Mileage not noted. – Full Service, Evans Coolant and brake fluid change. Plus both side of the car stripped and repainted. – £5604.
August 1992 – 26,000 miles – SC Jaguar removed the engine due to a rear main crank seal issue. While the engine was out, they stripped it and carried out a refresh as required. This included Big-End shell bearings, big end nuts etc.
Ownership Records going back to 1981.
- B.Carroll – Guernsey – 07/19 – 12/20
- Ray Tonkinson – Guernsey – 06/11 – 07/19 (Prepped and retailed by Sherwood Restorations Ltd)
- Michael White – Uxbridge – 07/02 – 05/11
- John Poupard – Kings Lynn – 05/00 – 07/02
- Tindon (Company) – Fakenham – 07/97 – 07/02
- Barry Bateman – Croydon – 08/86 – 07/97
- Graham Willcox – Southampton – 12/81 – 08/86.
The car comes to us as you see it in the photos. It runs well and drives like a good V12 E-Type should. It does have a few oil drips, as to be expected, but nothing dramatic. There is one small blemish to the drivers door, it is not noticeable when looking at the car from a normal viewing distance. In fact, it’s rather hard to spot even when you know where it is.
The roof lining has recently been re-attached due to coming unglued, a normal issue with old Jags. Well, old cars from the 1970’s really…..
There are some rust marks in the wire wheels, but again, nothing that is too pressing, and the car presents very well overall, as we think you’ll agree from the high res photos and videos, including shots of the underside.
The car has had all import duties paid and has a NOVA Certificate. The new V5 has arrived, and the car is now ready to go.
Please contact us for more details.