TVR Chimaera 450 MK3
4.6 V8 Developments engine and Emerald K6 ECU- see below....
Colour: Formula Red with Red & Black Leather
TVR Chimaera 450 MK3 – 2001/Y
Late “Mk 3” car with the faired in headlights, darker dash veneer.
Full service history from new; all receipts bound in date order.
Had a new speedo at c18000 miles, fully documented throughout file.
All books, stamped service book, with both sets of keys / fobs.
Service history detail:
- PDI – 29/05/01 – 29 miles – David Hendry Cars
- 1000 Service – 18/06/01 – 756 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 10/09/01 – 5,664 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 12/12/01 – 11,342 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 24/04/02 – 18,274 miles – David Hendry Cars – (New Speedo). Please add 18,274 to all following mileages.
- Service – 17/09/02 – 4,964 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 23/01/03 – 10,989 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 20-/05/03 – 17,418 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 22/09/03 – 23,622 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 11/02/04 – 29,922 miles – David Hendry Cars
- Service – 29/06/04 – 36,044 miles – RT Racing
- Keeper Change – 13/09/04
- Engine Rebuild – 28/10/05 – 41,368 miles – RT Racing – £4777.
- Service – 03/11/06 – 46,143 miles – RT Racing
- Service – 09/07/07 – 47,495 miles – RT Racing
- Keeper Change – 22/09/07
- Service/Recomm – 16/04/18 – 48,835 miles – SD Autotec (12k service and many other parts).
- Service – 06/09/18 – 49,974 miles – Sportmotive
- ECU Upgrade (See below) – Feb 2019 – 50,000 miles approx – Kit & Classics – Joolz.
- New Camshaft Kit- Oil & Filter Change – Fuel Hoses – 12/11/19 – 51,483 miles – Kit & Classics – Joolz
- Service – Plus rear main crank seal/Various other work to make A1. – September 2020 – 52,050 miles – Shmoo Automotive Ltd
Car is lovely inside and out, underneath and mechanically. (See chassis photos).
Some (usual) very small paint chips, otherwise exterior stunning, really good deep shine and no paint fade, certainly looks very fresh and tight, we’d certainly not be considering any paintwork if we were keeping this one for ourselves, and it is temping….
Chassis is superb. Later powder-coating on these MK’s was excellent and this one has been kept on top off throughout its life.
Ian Davies at Sportmotive prepped the car for the last owner, in late summer 2018. It had been re-commissioned by Steve at SD Autotec prior to that after a period of storage; new battery, new radiator, discs, pads and quality tyres all round. Full service and drive shaft joints replaced.
This year it’s had a new starter motor, drivers door solenoid and fuel pump replaced (with an original spec Bosch one); plus recent full set of ACT silicon coolant hoses.
Recent oil and filter, gearbox oil and coolant change.
In 2019 the car visited Joolz at Kit & Classics twice, and had £5000 spent on it, new Emerald K6 ECU and new Stealth Cam kit were fitted, amongst other things. (See below for the blow by blow).
V8 Developments engine rebuild at RT Racing (at 41368 speedo / 59642 actual- Now speedo is reading 52,000..so a total of 70,000); 4.6, lightened and balanced cross-bolted bottom end, big valve polished and ported heads, fast road camshaft; shortened and bulleted valve guides, high rev lifters.
Blended intake trumpet base.
ACT smoothbore intake trunking and elbow; now with Pipercross filter.
Exhaust manifolds replaced and pre-cats removed (main cat retained).
After build – 272BHP / 285lbft.
Additional Work By Kits & Classics February 2019
Remove Lucas 14cux injection and standard ignition system.
New parts as follows:-
Emerald K6 fully mappable ECU
Magnetti Marelli stepper motor and idle valve
New injectors (Improved spray pattern from originals)
Distributor-less fully mappable higher powered ignition system, using separate coil packs and crank sensor, new leads.
Wide band Lambda sensor.
Fully live map and set up.
Two fuel maps (One lean for MOT pass, one normal running, slightly richer low down but still cat friendly, to improve drivability).
Dyno – 298 BHP / 310lbft torque
Additional Work By Kits & Classics October / November 2019
Remove camshaft; supply and fit new V8 Developments “Stealth” fast road cam, followers, timing chain; time in.
Supply and fit 72mm throttle body (5 litre spec) with re-bushed throttle spindle (to replace standard 65mm item).
Supply and fit blended intake base with larger 45mm trumpets, to replace standard item.
Fully live map and set up.
Two fuel maps (one lean for MOT pass, one normal running, slightly richer low down but still cat friendly, to improve drivability).
Dyno – 312 BHP / 320 lbft torque (gains 14 BHP and 10 lb/ft at peak and 40lb/ft at 2000rpm with much better drivability and idling).
For Information – On Kits & Classics roller, a typical standard 450 gives about 250 BHP / 290 lb/ft; typical standard 500 gives about 270 to 280 BHP / 310 lb/ft.
N.B All power runs carried out on the same dyno
So, quite a special car all in all.
The car is now with us and having a checkover and prep as required. (See service history above..)
For more information, give Ed a call on 07970 464360, or email firstname.lastname@example.org