TVR Tuscan MK1 4.0
Colour: Grigio Titanio
This car is one we sold in Feb 2019. It was exported to Guernsey last year by the new owner, who is a regular client of ours. We have since sold him an 8000 miles example of a 1999 Tuscan and this car is now available again. (The photos shown were taken in late Oct 2020.)
The car has covered less than 300 miles since we sold it to him. Now back with us in Leicestershire. Just had a service and prep at £2500, and we will now be undertaking a checkover and any further prep deemed required before retail sale…which has now been done and included a new AP Clutch. Paperwork changeover just in process, going back to UK V5 and is in hand. The new log book will be with us early November.
Below is the advert wording from 2019. Plus a video of it in late 2018 and Oct 2020. As you can see, nothing has changed. 🙂
This rather gorgeous late ’54 plate MK1 Tuscan 4.0. Finished in Grigio Titanio, with rare two-tone black & white seats and silver dash – 33,500 miles.
Once we’ve finished prepping it to our standards… the car will be a very sought after little beastie.
The car is in good condition and looks fantastic with the two-tone seats and interior.
Only 3 previous owners, and really it’s only 2 as the last chap did less than 250 miles and bought it in July 2018 from another TVR dealer.
Prior to that the previous owner had owned the car since April 2006 when the car had covered approximately 5000 miles.
- PDI – 30/09/04 – 7 miles – TMS Melton
- 1000 Mile Service – 21/12/04 – 920 miles – TMS Melton
- 6000 Mile Service – 17/03/06 – 5,127 miles – Gatwick TVR
- 12000 Mile Service/New AP Clutch- 29/03/07 – 12,446 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 30/03/08 – 18,114 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 22/04/09 – 21,217 miles – Automedon TVR
- Half Time Bearing Replaced – 21/08/09 – Automedon TVR
- 6000 Mile Service – 21/03/10 – 24,739 miles – Automedon TVR
- 12000 Mile Service – 23/04/11 – 27,156 miles – Automedon TVR
- Steering Rack refurbishment & New Oil Tank (Fresh Oil) – 23/05/11 – Automedon TVR
- Service Oil – 04/07/12 – 30,471 miles – Autologic Ltd
- Service Oil – 03/04/17 – 32,808 miles – Autologic Ltd
- Refitment of Cats – 20/07/17 – 33,181 miles – PPC Melton/Tony Gilbert TVR
- Service – 31/07/18 – 33,238 miles – Tony Gilbert TVR
- 12000 Mile Service (As below) – 04/12/18 – 33,452 miles – Shmoo Automotive Ltd
- Paintwork as req and Wheel refurbishment – January 2019 – Shmoo Automotive Ltd
We have now gone through the car from front to back as per normal, and the car has been prepped to get it up to Shmoo Automotive Ltd retail standards.
Work we’ve carried out as follows:
Carry out full top end inspection of engine and compression test (All excellent).
Pressure testing of cooling system
Full 12k Service inc valve clearances and re-shim/adjust as required.
Change oil and filter
Change fuel filter and air filter
Change spark plugs
Replace cracked coil
Replace both engine mounts
Adjustment of timing chains and PAS belt
Balance throttle bodies
Bleed brakes/fresh fluid
Adjust ride height front and rear as too high – plus full Geo set up.
Lubricate throttle cable and check pedal box
Change gearbox and diff oil
Replace Anderson plug as original had corroded.
Please contact Ed on 07970 464360 for more info.
Since we sold the car in Feb 2019….
- Service – Refurbished Steering Rack – New Rear discs & pads – 33,740 miles – July 2020 – Fusion Engineering & Motorworks Ltd
- Oct 2020 – New MOT.
- Pre-sale Checkover – Throttle pot set up – New AP Clutch fitted – 33,780 miles – Oct 30th 2020 – Shmoo Automotive Ltd